TERRANOVA Zinc 15mg Complex is enhanced with highly active, whole and unadulterated superfoods and botanicals. Any extra physical or mental demands made on the body can increase the need for zinc or cause our bodies to lose extra zinc.
Stabilised Rice Bran (SRB)
In addition to being a good source of zinc, SRB contains a wide array of other micronutrients which are required in order for zinc to carry out its numerous functions within the body. Although cereal fibres can impair the absorption of various forms of zinc, fully-reacted zinc glycinate is not affected in this manner.
As well as zinc, spirulina provides a vast number of trace minerals, vitamins and other nutrients which assist zinc in its many biological functions. Spirulina is also contains a significant amount of superoxide dismutase (SOD), a zinc-dependent enzyme which is essential to help protect the body from certain highly destructive forms of free radicals.
Pumpkin seeds have a high content of zinc, as well as being a good source of copper, the most important nutrient to keep in proper balance with zinc. The seeds also provide a high concentration of certain fatty acids which complement the role of zinc.
Like pumpkin seeds, acai berries not only supply zinc, but also represent a very good source of copper, the most important nutrient to keep in proper balance with zinc.
What Is MAGNIFOOD?
Each Terranova nutritional product is enhanced with its own synergistic complex of botanicals and phytonutrient-rich foods, called Magnifood. Magnifood ingredients are combined in a manner which enhances the body`s biochemical environment in order to maximise the potential benefits of the product`s vitamins, minerals and/or other nutrients. Many of the plants used in Magnifood are fresh freeze dried. Research shows that fresh freeze drying has the unique ability to retain a plant`s enzymes, and is shown to be superior to other drying methods in terms of activity, stability, solubility and preservation of a plant`s original fresh chemistry (as it was when the plant was harvested).
- Enhancing absorption, bioavailability, utilisation, activity, stability, function and effect of the product`s nutrients.
- Providing synergistic enzymes and co-factors crucial to the utilisation and functions of the product`s nutrients.
- Providing a vast array of phytonutrients that enhance the potential functions and/or applications of the product.
- Providing ingredients which enhance the overall content of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in the product.
- Protecting ingredients from oxidative damage, helping to support the stability and activity of the product`s nutrients.
Stabilized Rice Bran 250mg Spirulina [Spirulina platensis – ORGANIC] 75mg Pumpkin Seed [Cucurbita pepo] 50mg Acai Berry [Euterpe oleracea] (fresh freeze dried – ORGANIC) 25mg Zinc (as bisglycinate) 15mg