- Pure extract of malted barley.
- Also known as Barley Malt Syrup, or simply "Malt".
- A good general-purpose malt.
- Contains a complex mix of carbohydrates, trace elements and vitamins.
- A natural sweetner used in cooking, baking and beverages.
- Makes a comforting bed-time malt drink.
- Free from diary, yeast and additives.
DirectionsBarley malt extract is the most common malt. It has a sweet taste, with lots of familiar malt flavours. It has several uses:
- Make a malt drink by mixing a teaspoonful of this barley malt extract with hot milk.
- Add barley malt to baking recipes to help bread to rise. It also makes the bread tasty.
- Give children a teaspoonful of malt daily as a nutritional supplement.
Organic Barley Malt (100%).