HCl is necessary for the digestion of proteins, the absorption of minerals and to help support the digestive tract, supplementing HCl may encourage the body to increase its own production of stomach acid if needed and assist with normal digestion.
- Pepsin hydrolyses all types of proteins, reducing them to polypeptides
- HCl provides the optimal environment (around pH 2) for pepsin activity
- Adequate levels of HCl are required for the absorption of minerals such as iron, calcium and zinc
- HCl provides an inhibitory environment for potential pathogenic bacteria ingested with food
- Encapsulation allows for a quicker release of the ingredients and reduces the likelihood of gastric wall irritation that can sometimes occur with tablets
- Low potency therefore allowing for more flexibility in adjusting individual requirements
Betaine hydrochloride, potato maltodextrin, capsule shell (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose), bulking agent (cellulose), anti-caking agents (vegetable magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide), pepsin.