Butyric acid is a short chain fatty acid produced as the result of the bacterial breakdown of dietary fiber. It feeds the epithelial mucosa cells lining the gut wall and is essential in maintaining the integrity of the gastrointestinal wall.
- No Allergen
- Butyric acid is primarily utilised in the large intestine
- Butyric acid helps L. acidophilus and B. bifidum adhere to gut epithelial tissue
- Butyric acid is required as a primary source of energy for rapidly growing intestinal cells
- Butyric acid helps to support the natural renewal mechanism of the gut tissue
- Butyric acid assists in the production of 'on site' enzymes and has a supportive role upon intestinal immune resistance
One capsule taken three times a day with food, or as professionally directed. NB: This product has a strong sour smell which is completely normal.
- Not suitable for use during planned pregnancy, pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Caution is advised for individuals with colitis, gastritis or ulcerative conditions of the stomach/intestine.
Butyric Acid, Calcium Hydroxide, Magnesium Hydroxide, Medium Chain Triglycerides,, Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose), Anti-Caking Agents (Silicon dioxide and Magnesium Stearate).