Five bacterial strains formulated specifically to improve oral and gut health. Unique raspberry flavour lozenges, which come directly into contact with the mouth, teeth, gums and throat in order for the beneficial bacteria to implant and be effective. The delicious flavour is ideal for children. Beneficial bacteria are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function, and overall oral health.
Why do we need Probiotics?
When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is lowered, problems begin to arise such as excessive gas, bloating, intestinal toxicity, constipation and poor absorption of nutrients. Whilst it is true that non-beneficial bacteria are naturally occurring in the intestinal tract problems begin when their growth goes unchecked. Probiotics play an especially important role in keeping in check the pathogenic bacteria that cause disease. A healthy lower intestine should contain at least 85% friendly bacteria to prevent the over colonisation of disease causing micro organisms like E.coli and Salmonella.
The Super 5:
1. Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent microorganisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
2. Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
3. Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid, it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
4. Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
5. Lactobacillus salivarius: found in the mouth and in the small intestine and has been shown to reduce bleeding gums, tooth decay, bad breath and oral thrush.
This product is excluded from the 15%, 20% & 25% volume promotional offers.